Monday, December 31, 2012

farewell 2012, HELLO 2013!! :D

this sudden urge to blog, only to realise my last post is apr?! 2012, so unbelievably fast. This time last year, I was busy with my last minute prep for Canada, this time this year, this new year eve, I am sick and stuck at home -.-. No longer young to survive the consecutive days of outings, but nonetheless, I am looking forward to a new 2013!! :DD

Dear 2012, I would say u are definitely more 惊心动魄 than my 21st heehee, for the so many first times :)

my first time really putting my words into actions, stepping real out of my comfort zone into the other side of the globe. 22 year old, 22 amazing experience

1. survived long flights, n for a kuku me, a record 6 flights!!
2. survived a crazily cold subzero winter. ok, laotian is nice to us with an abnormally warm winter but still brr
3. first 'professional' snowman!!
4. first backpacking 
5. first natural ice-skating 
6. first road trip yay!!
7. first ski, despite all the malu-ness
8. lots of travelling in Canada n USA, crazy but fun  <3 div="div">
9. visiting all the places of wonders 
10. survived an angmo academic sch term 
11. Cirque du Soleil show at hollywood!!
12. what happens in LV, stays at LV but LOL don't think YY hahaha :P
13. Wwoofing - not bathing for days, cleaning chicken coops, playing with all the animals, all the saikangs, all the sharing and learning, all the fun and memories 
14. first time holding a real gun!!
15. first time entering a casino, both in LV and genting 
16. drinking, both wine, non-wine, the getting drunk and not drunk haha
17. crazy number of movies
18. lovely gatherings with cliques <3 div="div">
19. attempt at being an 'entrepreneur' lols
20. fun at flea market
21. jie's wedding!! first bridesmaid experience
22. knowing a lot more about myself :)

These might seem trivial to many but still, they are precious memories to me, signifying baby steps I take having a more fulfilling life. Of all, item 22 is i guess my greatest takeaway from 2012. Despite all the wondrous things I have experienced, 2012 has its giant share of downs for me too. but i am glad things ended off quite well i would say, and hopefully stay that way, i leave 2012 with a better understanding of myself, especially those flaws of mine. So, to a better 2013! 

I seldom set resolutions because I  am a roti prata and a superb procrastinator (looking at how i still haven't talked about this skiing post i promise for so long lol), but this year I am going to set just this one resolution that I am not going to leave it here heh. Giving myself 1.5 years to attain it, ok maybe 2, it will be crazy if i ever attain it before i marry lols. Might achieve it at the expense of my grad trip but lol, i have a NIE grad trip lah hor. Shall visit this very post when I graduate from NIE and we shall see how 'good' i am at procrastination! The new year shall be another year of exploration as I continue to find out what is my real passion. Cant wait for the brand new 2013, it can only be better!! :DD Happy New Year everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment